NORMA has a range of DAC converters designed to play the content of high resolution music files at their best. Beyond the technical properties, all aspects relevant to the sound reproduction were given the utmost attention in the HS-DA1. You can finally truly appreciate the actual quality of high resolution files without the limitations imposed by inadequate implementation.
Conversion and sound quality, operational capabilities and versatility place the NORMA HS-DA1 firmly at world class production levels. The fully modular constructive solution turns the HS-DA1 into a unique product, which is able to meet even the most demanding user's needs and can be easily updated in the future.
The NORMA HS-DA1 is available in 3 set-up levels;
HS-DA1: The entry level version offers all the features of an evolved DAC and is equipped with 5 full-bandwidth digital inputs (24-bit, 192KHz, USB and SPDIF), with both RCA and XLR analogue outputs.
HS-DA1 VAR: This is equipped with variable output levels, a remote control and the ability to conveniently select between a Fixed and a Variable output mode. In this way it is possible to connect a power amplifier directly to it.
HS-DA1 PRE: Two additional analogue inputs are included and there is a high quality class A output for 2 headphones utilising 3/4" jack. It is also possible to switch between a High/Low gain and between Active/Passive preamplifier modes.
All functions can be remotely controlled.
- 5 digital inputs, USB, 2 x SPDIF RCA, SPDIF OPTICAL, AES-EBU. USB input and SPDIF
full bandwidth, up to 24 Bit/192 KHz.
- Selection of the oversampling frequency 44.1 KHz, 48.0kHz, 88.2KHz, 96.0KHz,
176.4kHz, 192.0 KHz or AUTO.
- Full customisation for each digital input of all parameters, including the value of
oversampling, clock source, digital filter and phase.
- Choice of master D/A clock source from local oscillator or the input signal.
- Two separate local clock oscillators, 22MHz/24MHz (44.1/48KHz).
- Local Oscillator high stability, low Jitter and low phase noise.
- Two PCM 24 Bit Digital to Analogue converters.
- Digital filter x8 (or x4) oversampling.
- User selectable filter roll-off (Sharp & Slow).
- Proprietary I-V architecture conversion.
- Analogue output stage based with full discrete devices amplifier.
- Extreme low noise, high resolution and high speed.
- Wide band ( >2 MHz ) schematic topology.
- RCA and Balanced output connections.
- Separate power supply for Digital and Analogue Output stages.
- High filtering capacity with numerous low impedance capacitors.
- 15 Power supply regulators.
- Toroidal transformer specially designed for audio applications.
Connections Digital Inputs :
IN1 : USB, 2.0 High Speed
IN2 : SPDIF RCA, 75Ohms
IN3 : AES/EBU XLR, 110Ohms
IN4 : TOSLINK OPTICAL, 96 KHz, (192.0 KHz may be achieved, but not guaranteed)
IN5 : SPDIF RCA, 75Ohms (IN5 can be set as SPDIF Output by CD Mechanism)
Sampling Frequencies: 44.1KHz, 88.2KHz, 176.4KHz, 48.0KHz, 96.0KHz, 192.0KHz
UpSampler Frequencies: 44.1KHz, 88.2KHz, 176.4KHz, 48.0KHz, 96.0KHz, 192.0KHz, AUTO MODE
Based on TI SRC4392
Clock performances: +/- 2ppm typ. at 25°, +/- 10ppm at 60°
Digital Filter: Slow & Sharp mode, based on TI DF1706
De-emphasis: 44.1KHz, 48.0KHz, auto e manual mode
Connection Outputs: Line RCA output, XLR Balanced
Output Voltages: 3.0 V RMS (+10 dBV) RCA (at 0 dB), 6.0 V RMS (+16 dBV) XLR(at 0 dB)
Output Impedance: 200 ohm
Analogue Output Filter: 0,0 to 180 kHz +/- 3 dB
Analogue Stage Frequency Response: 0,0 to 2MHz +/- 3 dB
Configuration: Solid state
Oversampling: DF 1706 8 x Digital Filter
Oversampling Filter: User selectable Sharp & Slow Roll-off filter response.
D/A Converter: PCM 1704 Multibit 24 Bit D/A converter
I/V Conversion: I/V Conversion by proprietary topology with discrete component
Output Stage: Proprietary topology with discrete component, high linearity & low noise
Power Supply: 230 V AC/50 Hz
Dimensions (HxWxD): 126 x 215 x 350 mm
Weight: 5 Kg
Note: DAC Source with full remote control on PRE Version
Note : Specification subject to change without notice